Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What to do with a Fridge full of veggies...

Yesterday was farmer's market day, WHOO! I love it! Check out my loot:


Dinner was stir fry here is my very simple recipe:

Stir Fry:
Broccoli
Pea Pod
Carrots
Zucchini
Squash
onion
Chicken
Terriyaki Sauce
1. Cut up all the veggies into chunks. I make the carrots smaller cause they take forever to cook and the zucchini bigger so they don't get mushy.
2. Add the veggies one or two types at a time in order of time they need to cook. For example, carrots need to fry for like 20-30 minutes before they're soft and zucchini needs like 8 minutes. Here is the order I used:
1. Carrots & onions
2. Peas
3. Broccoli
4. Chicken
5. zucchini/squash
Not putting all of them in at the same time made a HUGE difference in the texture. The taste was the same, but the veggies weren't so soggy. I always feel like I have to cook it forever for the carrots to get done, this was the brilliant solution from Zac.
3. I just put terriyaki in there throughout the process and add some water if the veggies are sticking to the pan. This isn't as much of a recipe as it is an idea. Just do things for your own taste. :)
4. Serve over rice.
This meal is SO adjustable. I realized afterwards that I forgot peppers, but it was fine. It works for any vegetable and it is so healthy. My body is craving it now!

1 comment:

Beth said...

That really looks yummy! I could do with some more veggie stir frys.