Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fruit Cobbler

When I'm trying to be healthy this is what I make for dessert. The problem is that it is so tasty I usually eat half of it the first night. Oh well.
This is the recipe I use and follow to a T for the topping. Cobbler It is basically a cookie with less flour. :) So healthy.
For the Fruit here are the combinations I've tried:
1. Cherries
2. Cherries and Apples
3. Cherries and Strawberries
4. Apples
5. Peaches(canned, I know, I'm lazy) and Strawberries
All of them are delicious. Just lay down whatever fruit you want and pour the topping over top. If you're using sour cherries or apples I would sprinkle sugar over the fruit first. I usually have to let it cook at least an hour sometimes more, for some reason the topping has a really hard time cooking. Any ideas?

No comments: