Friday, April 17, 2009

Pigs in a Blanket-this is one for the hubbies!

These were a HUGE hit tonight, Zac loved them and so did Teagan. I liked the taste, but knew they were probably horrible for me so it was too hard to enjoy completely. The best thing about it was that I spent a total of $2 on this meal and it took about 15 minutes to put together. Thank you Kim for the great idea.
Ingredients:
-pre-made biscuits (I got the jumbo size)
-5 or 6 hotdogs
-taco meat
-cheese
For the pigs in a blanket I cut the biscuit into thirds and flattened them out a little. I cut the hotdog in half and then cut them in half again so that the cross-sections were semi-circles. Just wrap the doggies up in the biscuits.

After making a half a cookie sheet of these I decided that I wanted something else for me so I made taco pockets. I took some leftover pork taco meat and cheese and made hot pockets! I'm guessing you could do the same thing with spaghetti sauce or ham and cheese. Maybe I'll jot down some ideas next time I'm walking down the frozen food isle.

I cooked them at 350 for about 2o minutes and they were fantastic. I didn't get a good picture of the finished product because we were too hungry.

As a side note, I made a huge thing of broccoli that we ate while these were cooking so that we would have at least something nutritious. I should have taken a picture for proof!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Guy food indeed! Jared is in LOVE with pigs in a blanket as well. It's a New Year's tradition in the Packard family...and since Jared loves them so much, I make them for special occasions as well. :) Who knows what the fat content in that meal is. I really don't even want to know. But at least our hubbies are happy! :)