Friday, May 8, 2009

Chicken Noodle Soup

Alright, this was delicious and I was able to freeze half and save it for next week (the week before finals for my students).


As always the basic recipe was taken from allrecipes.com, but I made a few adjustments.


Ingredients

3 cloves garlic

1/2 chopped onion

5 chopped carrots

3 medium potatoes

1/2 package of cooked noodles

2-3 cans 14.5 oz chicken broth (next time I'll use boullion and water since there is no difference)

1 can vegetable broth

1 can cream of chicken soup

Diced and cooked chicken (I use about 1/2 pound)

1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

Chicken Boullion to taste


1. Sautee the veggies in butter for 5-10 minutes.

2. Add in all of the broths, soups, and seasons

3. Let it cook on the stove on medium heat until the carrots are soft.

4. Take it off the heat because if the potatoes cook to long the soup gets all starchy.

5. Add the noodles just before you serve.


When I make it there isn't a lot of the actual soup/broth because I like it that way so add more broth according to how you like it. Also add salt and pepper to your own family's taste. It was a little bland which is why I added a boullion cube. Overall this is a delicious, inexpensive meal that isn't too hard to make. You can chop all the veggies in the morning and throw it all together at night.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I will be making this one soon! Looks delicous.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried "country pasta" noodles? They are my favorite! They really stand up and don't get wimpy over reheats. Noodles are the most important part of chicken noodle soup!